You are here
At Pfizer, responsible supply chain management is core to how we do business. We operate within a framework of principles aligned with ethical, social, and environmental responsibilities to help ensure sustainability of our business and the communities in which we operate. We work through organizations such as the Institute for Sustainable Communities and the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative to ensure alignment.
Accordingly, Pfizer aims to partner with external suppliers that are committed to operating their businesses in a responsible and ethical manner, respecting the rights of the individuals whom they employ, and helping protect the environment.
Pfizer strongly encourages our supply partners to support our Supplier Conduct Principles or adopt their own codes which include expectations similar to ours.
We expect our suppliers to:
- Operate in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Conduct their business in an ethical manner, acting with integrity.
- Commit to upholding the human rights of workers and to treat them with dignity and respect.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment, including any company-provided living quarters.
- Operate in an environmentally responsible and efficient manner to minimize adverse impacts on the environment.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and compliance with the expectations of these principles by using management systems.
Pfizer assesses the performance and adherence to the Supplier Conduct Principles by conducting routine evaluations and onsite assessments. Failure to comply, or failure to correct non-complying situations are grounds for business relationship termination.