You are here
Recent Pfizer Press Releases
Results of Phase 3 Studies for Investigational XELJANZ for Psoriatic Arthritis to be Presented at 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting
Twenty Presentations at 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting Reinforce Pfizer’s Leadership in Inflammation and Immunology
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) announced today that 20 abstracts for XELJANZ® (tofacitinib citrate) will be presented at the upcoming 2016 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting (November 11-16, Washington, DC). Notably, results from the two pivotal Phase 3 OPAL (Oral Psoriatic Arthritis TriaL) studies of tofacitinib – the only Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor under investigation for psoriatic arthritis (PsA) – will be presented for the first time.more...
- First seven participants, through a combined 103 weeks of observation as of Aug. 4, 2016, did not need infusions of factor IX concentrates to prevent bleeding
- Updated SPK-9001 data in hemophilia B to be presented at the Plenary Scientific Session at 58th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
- Prevenar 13® is Approved to Help Protect Infants and Children Aged Six Weeks to Fifteen Months from Invasive Pneumococcal Disease
Pfizer China announced today that it has received approval from the Chinese Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) to market its pneumococcal 13-valent conjugate vaccine, Prevenar 13®, in China for active immunization for the prevention of invasive diseases (including bacteremic pneumonia, meningitis, septicemia, and bacteremia) caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (S.more...
Company will record a charge to GAAP and Adjusted earnings in the fourth quarter of 2016 estimated to be approximately $0.04 per share
Pfizer Inc. announced today the discontinuation of the global clinical development program for bococizumab, its investigational Proprotein Convertase Subtilisin Kexin type 9 inhibitor (PCSK9i). The totality of clinical information now available for bococizumab, taken together with the evolving treatment and market landscape for lipid-lowering agents, indicates that bococizumab is not likely to provide value to patients, physicians, or shareholders. As a result, Pfizer has decided to discontinue the development program, including the two ongoing cardiovascular outcome studies.more...
- TERRAIN Trial Showed Improved Radiographic Progression-Free Survival with Enzalutamide Versus Bicalutamide in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer -
Astellas Pharma Inc. (TSE: 4503) and Pfizer Inc.more...
Recommendation provides updated guidance for administering a two- or a three-dose series
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced today that the U.S.more...
- Grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will help advance potential new vaccine that could provide protection from debilitating infections before and shortly after birth
- About 1 out of every 4 pregnant women carries group B Streptococcus bacteriai which could be passed from mother to baby during labor and birth
- A severe, aggressive and potentially deadly infection, group B Streptococcus is a leading cause of life-threatening neonatal sepsis and meningitisii
Company to Begin Shipping to Wholesalers in Late November, 2016
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) announced that three abstracts for XELJANZ® (tofacitinib citrate), being investigated in moderate to severe ulcerative colitis (UC), will be presented at the upcoming United European Gastroenterology Week (UEG Week 2016), October 15-19 in Vienna, Austria.more...
Late-breaking data to be presented at the ESMO 2016 Congress and Published in The New England Journal of Medicine
- Data From a Trial of INLYTA With Pembrolizumab Provides Additional Support for Novel Immunotherapy Combinations in RCC
- Preliminary Results from an Ongoing Trial of INLYTA with Avelumab in RCC Were Also Presented
- Creates an integrated pure-play infusion therapy company with focus and scale
- Combined business to compete in the US market with a unified organization and a complementary portfolio
- Extends global reach for the combined company with direct operations in over 20 countries
- Value-creating and risk mitigated deal structure
- ICU Medical Inc. management conference call today at 8:00 am EST, details below
- Tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Medivation common stock expired as scheduled one minute after 11:59 p.m., Eastern time, on September 27, 2016
- Pfizer and Medivation begin joint operations on September 28, 2016
- Combined expertise accelerates Pfizer’s leadership in Oncology, bringing much-needed new cancer treatments to patients
- Expected to be immediately accretive to Pfizer’s Adjusted Diluted EPS upon closing, approximately $0.05 accretive in first full year after close with additional accretion and growth anticipated thereafter
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Medivation, Inc.(NASDAQ: MDVN).more...
20 abstracts across multiple tumor types; unique mechanisms of action address the diverse needs of people living with cancer
New combination study data in renal cell carcinoma and first-in-human results for OX40 agonist provide new insights in immuno-oncology
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) today announced that it will be presenting data from 20 abstracts, including three late-breakers, at the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) 2016 Congress in Copenhagen from October 7-11, 2016. The presentations demonstrate progress addressing cancer’s complex challenges through our work across 11 tumor types and eight distinct mechanisms of action, including two immuno-oncology/targeted therapy combination studies in renal cell carcinoma (RCC).more...
- Company to Continue to Operate as One Company with Two Distinct and Complementary Businesses to Retain Operating Strength and Financial Flexibility
- Company Will Provide Enhanced Financial Transparency Beginning with First-Quarter 2017
- Single-Company Structure Best Positions Pfizer to Deliver on Its Purpose to Deliver Medicines and Vaccines that Significantly Impact Patients’ Lives
Pfizer Inc. announced that, after an extensive evaluation, the company’s Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team have determined the company is best positioned to maximize future shareholder value creation in its current structure and will not pursue splitting Pfizer Innovative Health and Pfizer Essential Health into two, separate publicly traded companies at this time.more...
Transaction expected to close in the Third-Quarter 2016
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended has expired with respect to Pfizer’s pending acquisition of Medivation, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDVN).
Pfizer now expects to complete the acquisition in the Third-Quarter 2016. The closing of the tender offer remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including the tender of a majority of the outstanding shares of Medivation common stock.
The board of directors of Pfizer Inc. today declared a 30-cent fourth-quarter 2016 dividend on the company’s common stock, payable December 1, 2016, to shareholders of record at the close of business on November 11, 2016.more...
Pfizer Inc. invites investors and the general public to view and listen to a webcast of a conference call with investment analysts at 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. The purpose of the call is to provide an update on Pfizer’s results, as reflected in the company’s Third Quarter 2016 Performance Report, to be issued that morning.more...