- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Pfizer Press Statements Archive
Pfizer Responds to New York Times Article on NIH Policy
Original Statement Provided to New York Times
Pfizer Response To Global Consensus Statement On Menopausal Hormone Therapy
Zithromax (azithromycin) FDA Drug Safety Communication
Statement on White House Meeting
- November 29, 2012 — Pfizer Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ian Read Issues Statement on White House Meeting
Pfizer Donates Factor IX to Developing Countries
- October 24, 2012 — Pfizer Donates Vials of Factor IX to the World Federation of Hemophilia to Help Developing Countries
Pfizer Response to Results from the Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study
- October 3, 2012 — Findings from the Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study (KEEPS), presented today at The North American Menopause Society (NAMS) Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla.
Statement Regarding FDA Drug Safety Communication on Revatio®
- August 30, 2012 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a Drug Safety Communication on Revatio®
Pfizer Recognizes 10th Anniversary Of The Women's Health Initiative: A Modern Day Perspective On Hormone Therapy
- July 9, 2012 — Ongoing Analyses have Helped Re-evaluate Benefit-Risk Profile of Hormone Therapy for Appropriate Menopausal Women
Pfizer Response To Ongoing Evaluation Of Hormone Therapy And Breast Cancer, And What It Means For Menopausal Women Who Have Had A Hysterectomy
- March 15, 2012 — Pfizer Response To Ongoing Evaluation Of Hormone Therapy And Breast Cancer, And What It Means For Menopausal Women Who Have Had A Hysterectomy
Pfizer Joins Innovative Partnership to Eliminate or Control 10 Neglected Tropical Diseases by 2020
- January 30, 2012 — Pfizer Joins Innovative Partnership to Eliminate or Control 10 Neglected Tropical Diseases by 2020
Pfizer Statement Responding to Questions on Voluntary Lipitor Contracting Programs
Pfizer Statement Regarding "The Counterfeit Drug Penalty Enhancement Act of 2011"
- November 17, 2011 — Pfizer applauds U.S. Sens. Pat Leahy (VT) and Charles Grassley (IA) and U.S. Reps. Patrick Meehan (PA) and Linda Sanchez (CA) for introducing the "Counterfeit Drug Penalty Enhancement Act of 2011."
PFIZER Statement Regarding FDA Advisory Committee's Recommendation to Extend Use of Prevnar 13® to Adults 50+
- November 16, 2011 — Pfizer announced that the FDA Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC)
Pfizer Responds to Analysis in PLoS One, an Online Publication of the Public Library of Science
- November 2, 2011 — Pfizer Responds to Analysis in PLoS One, an Online Publication of the Public Library of Science
Statement Regarding Lyrica Epilepsy Monotherapy Reactive
Pristiq® Extended Release Tablets
- September 8, 2011 — Pfizer Receives Complete Response Letter From FDA For Moderate-To-Severe Vasomotor Symptoms (VMS) Indication For Pristiq® (desvenlafaxine) Extended Release Tablets.
Statement Regarding Chantix Cardiovascular Events in the Canadian Medical Association Journal
Statement Regarding Positive European Commission Decision for Champix®
- June 23, 2011 — Pfizer Inc. has received the European Commission Decision to renew the marketing authorization (MA) for Champix® (varenicline tartrate) for a further five year period for the treatment of smoking cessation in adults.
Statement Regarding the FDA's Drug Safety Communication on Chantix
- June 16, 2011 — Pfizer has studied Chantix (varenicline) in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial in smokers with certain types of cardiovascular disease.
Statement Regarding Suspending Sale Of 3-Nitro (Roxarsone)
- June 8, 2011 — Pfizer Inc.ýs Alpharma LLC subsidiary has decided to suspend sales in the United States of 3-Nitro® (Roxarsone), a feed medicine used primarily in poultry production.
Statement Regarding Chantix Adverse Event Reporting
- May 27, 2011 — Pfizer takes patient safety and regulatory reporting obligations very seriously. All post-marketing reports of adverse events are reviewed by Pfizer and reported to regulatory agencies, including FDA.
- FDA Statement on Chantix Quarterwatch Article
Pfizer Statement Regarding Reports of Alleged Misuse of Viagra® in Libya
- May 18, 2011 — Pfizer is appalled by the allegations of abuse in Libya. We condemn any misuse of our medicines. Pfizer stopped shipping all products to Libya in February, when sanctions were implemented by the international community. Our thoughts remain with the people of Libya, and for a peaceful resolution to this conflict.
New Guidelines Announce Lyrica® (pregabalin) Capsules CV
- April 11, 2011 — New Guidelines Announce Lyrica® (pregabalin) Capsules CV — Pfizer is proud that Lyrica® (pregabalin) capsules CV, which is an FDA approved treatment indicated for the management of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN)
Statement on Voluntary Recall of Embeda® Extended Release Capsules CII
- March 16, 2011 — King Pharmaceuticals Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Pfizer, has voluntarily recalled from U.S. wholesalers and retailers all dosage forms of EMBEDA(r) (morphine sulfate and naltrexone hydrochloride) Extended Release Capsules CII because a pre-specified stability requirement was not met during routine testing.
Pfizer to Recall 1 Additional Lot of Lipitor in the U.S.
- December 20, 2010 — Pfizer has announced that it intends to recall one lot—approximately 19,000 bottles—of Lipitor 40 mg tablets (atorvastatin calcium) distributed in the U.S.
- Odor Issue Involving Lipitor Bottles — Background for Media
Press Statement Regarding Article in The Guardian
- December 9, 2010 — Pfizer Inc. issued the following statement today in response to an article published in The Guardian regarding purported cables from the U.S. embassy in Nigeria that discuss Pfizer
Pfizer Supports Historic World Health Organization Guidelines on Smoking Cessation and Tobacco Dependence Treatment
- November 24, 2010 — Guidelines to assist parties to the World Health Organization's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) were unanimously approved in Uruguay today by the fourth Conference of the Parties (COP4)
Pfizer Statement on the Movie "Love and Other Drugs"
Pfizer Statement Regarding Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Analysis
- October 19, 2010 — "Estrogen Plus Progestin and Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality in Postmenopausal Women"
Adverse Event Reporting
- June 9, 2010 — Pfizer Statement on Post Marketing Adverse Event Reporting in Response to the FDA Letter Dated May 26, 2010
- April 21, 2010 — Pfizer Statement on Conducting Clinical Trials in Response to the FDA Letter Dated April 9, 2010
Pfizer's Collaboration with Healthcare Professionals and Clinical Investigators
- February 9, 2009 — Pfizer to Publicly Disclose Payments to U.S. Physicians, Healthcare Professionals and Clinical Investigators
Additional Press Statements
- January 22, 2009 — Pfizer Inc today issued the following statement on the proposed Physician Sunshine Act
- May 29, 2008 — A message about Chantix® (varenicline) from Pfizer
- May 8, 2008 — Testimony before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Statement of James T. Sage, Senior Director/Team Leader, Lipitor®, Pfizer Inc
- February 8, 2008 — Pfizer Response To Initial, Non-Final Office Action by US Patent And Trademark Office
Intellectual Property and American Competitiveness
- August 13, 2008 — Letter from Jeff Kindler Chairman and CEO, Pfizer Inc, to The Honorable Max Baucus, Chairman, Finance Committee, United States Senate
- July 15, 2008 — Testimony of Jeff Kindler Chairman and CEO, Pfizer Inc, before the Senate Finance Committee on International Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights and American Competitiveness
Trovan / Nigeria Clinical Study
- January 30, 2009 — Pfizer Responds to Divided Ruling by U.S. Court of Appeals for 2nd Circuit in Cases Related to Trovan Study in Nigeria
- July 31, 2007 — Pfizer Files Challenge to Improper Nigerian Government Report in Trovan Cases
- Trovan Fact Sheet
- Trovan Statement of Defense Summary
- Trovan Litigation, Statement of Defense
- May 29, 2007 — Pfizer Statement on Trovan
Stock Quote Disclaimer
20 minute delayed data provided by Comstock. Charts are provided by BigCharts and MarketWatch, Inc. Pfizer makes no claims concerning the accuracy of the information provided on these pages, and will not be held liable for any use of this information. Note: Historical and current stock price performance data is not necessarily indicative of future performance.
Stock Symbol: PFE Stock Exchange: NYSE
Stock Quote at: May 23 2013 4:00PM
|Last 29.11||Change -0.19|
|Day High||29.33||52 Wk. High||31.15|
|Day Low||28.85||52 Wk. Low||21.40|
Our press kit provides information that might help you write stories or simply find out more about Pfizer.