Pfizer integrates environment, health, and safety (EHS) into how we run our business. Our governance framework and effective management systems enable us to ensure that management of risk and regulatory compliance are overseen at the highest levels of the company. With our EHS Policy Statement as the foundation, implementation of Pfizer's EHS Standards and Audit programs are the guideposts for colleagues around the world.
Pfizer EHS Governance includes:
- Commitment to safeguarding our colleagues, ensuring workplace safety, and protecting the environment. Learn more about our EHS Policy Statement  (PDF).
- Routine internal audits to drive EHS performance, continuous improvement and risk control. Learn more about our EHS Audit program  (PDF).
- Senior leader responsibility that encompasses setting EHS strategy, managing risk, and ensuring compliance.
- A formal EHS Management System for our business based upon the "plan-do-check-act" cycle. Learn more about our EHS Management System  and EHS Standards  (PDF).
- Third party verification recognizing EHS management systems through standards such as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, or regional programs that include OSHA VPP and EMAS. Learn more about our EHS Site Certifications  (PDF).
- Disclosure of compliance non-conformances. Learn more about our EHS Compliance  (PDF).
EHS success and optimal performance occurs when it is integrated into the business and all colleagues are engaged and understand what is expected of them. Our governance framework helps ensure success and performance.