Pfizer's Green Journey
Pfizer is on a Green Journey. We are integrating environmental sustainability into our business and supplier network. This is another way Pfizer is "Working together for a healthier world.®" Building on a foundation of successful programs, we apply innovative approaches to manage our impact on climate change, improve product stewardship and manage water resources.
Pfizer has a long-standing commitment to protecting our employees' health and safety, the environment and the communities in which we operate. We continue to emphasize full compliance with legal requirements and have developed a clear vision that focuses on where Pfizer's Green Journey can add value.
Pfizer's Green Journey includes:
- Reducing our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and adapting to using cleaner energy technologies. Learn more about Pfizer's climate change efforts. 
- Reducing our energy footprint through global conservation and energy efficiency efforts, and consolidation of certain operations. Learn more about Pfizer's improvements in energy efficiency 
- Requiring facilities worldwide to quantify water use, prioritize conservation measures and support community efforts during drought conditions. Learn more about Pfizer's water use 
- Actively pursuing opportunities to recycle and reuse materials in order to reduce and effectively manage the waste we generate. Learn more about Pfizer's waste reduction and recycling efforts 
- Investigating and restoring sites where we have cleanup obligations under federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Learn more about Pfizer's biodiversity and site clean-up initiatives. 
- Emphasizing practices such as energy performance, water conservation, renewable resources, recycling/reuse, waste management and indoor air quality at all of our sites. Learn more about Pfizer's Green Workplace program 
- Integrating environmental, health and safety considerations throughout the research, discovery, development and manufacture of our products to advance scientific innovation – the heart of our strength as a company – while reducing our environmental footprint. Learn more about Pfizer's Green Chemistry and Green Biotechnology programs 
- Reducing the packaging of some of our products through the use of innovative, functional materials and systems that are more cost effective and produce less waste. Learn more about Pfizer's sustainable packaging efforts.