- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
We strive to maintain the highest ethical, scientific, and clinical standards in all our clinical research around the world. We regularly review our science policies to align them with Pfizer's vision, values, and goals, and with our stakeholders' evolving values.
A few facts about Pfizer:
- We focus on a broad range of unmet medical needs spanning 10 major Therapeutic Areas and invest more than $7 billion annually in the in the research and development of new products
- In addition to Pfizer's internal clinical research principles, we follow the generally accepted international standards for research.
- All of our clinical research must be reviewed by a qualified Independent Ethics Committee or Institutional Review Board.
- Our clinical trials in host countries must be relevant to their health needs. For example, we work with the African Center for Clinical Trials, a nonprofit organization of African researchers working to attract foreign research.
- We work with more than 250 partners in academia and industry, providing access to novel research and development tools and data on emerging trends.
Learn more about Pfizer's commitment to conducting ethical research and review our science policies.
Inclusion of emerging markets in development has been ongoing for more than 10 years. This has reduced development times for new medicines, increased knowledge transfer and scientific collaboration, and improved access to new therapies. Learn more about how Pfizer ensures our trials are done ethically and to international standards.
- View our position paper:
Globalization of Clinical Trials
Review Pfizer’s approach to research and find out more about participating in clinical trials.
Read Pfizer's statement on the Declaration of Helsinki and the Ethical Conduct of Clinical Studies.