You are here
2013 Tumor Board Curriculum: Molecular Testing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Inc.
Approved: November 2012
Grant Period: January 2013 – August 2014
RFP: Lung Cancer
The goal of this project is to ensure that pathologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, interventional radiologists, pulmonologists, and other relevant healthcare professionals, including nurses have the knowledge and skills necessary to order, perform, and use the information acquired from biomarker testing to optimally manage patients with advanced NSCLC.
The 2013 Tumor Board Curriculum: Molecular Testing in NSCLC will feature several educational interventions, including:
- Integrated series of four (4) live webinars, which will later be archived for on-demand viewing on the NCCN learning management system
- Four discussion boards associated with the webinars, moderated by the live webinar speakers
- Dissemination of free subscriptions to the NCCN Biomarkers Compendium for one month to all live webinar attendees who have not previously subscribed
- Electronic slide decks attainable through NCCN's learning management system for attendees to use during tumor boards at their respective institutions
- Patient education handouts
- Dissemination of the NCCN Patient Guideline for Lung Cancer
- Development and dissemination of patient education materials emphasizing the importance of tissue biopsy and biomarker testing during clinical decision making.