You are here
Understanding the role of energy efficiency in helping reduce the impacts of climate change, Pfizer strives to be an industry leader in energy management. As such, we are committed to procuring and using energy in an efficient, cost-effective and environmentally responsible way.
In particular, we aim to:
- Improve energy management and efficiencies in order to help achieve our 2020 public goal of a 20% reduction in GHG emissions from a year 2012 baseline.
- Use renewable energy technology where it makes good business and environmental sense.
- Focus on further reducing our emissions "greening our fleet".
Notable actions we're undertaking to meet our energy goals include:
- Promoting leadership at sites in energy management and environmental stewardship;
- Assessing renewable energy projects and implementing them where they are viable;
- Increasing colleague awareness and engagement by instilling a culture of innovation, ownership and conservation; and
- Undertaking energy assessments across our global network.
These actions have improved operational efficiency, reduced our energy expenditures, enhanced colleague skills, decreased cost of goods, and contributed to Pfizer's reputation as a responsible corporate citizen.
Recent performance achievements include:
- Installation of a 2 megawatt wind turbine at our Puurs, Belgium facility that feeds 10% of the site’s electrical load, with another scheduled to go live this year.
- Construction of solar panel installations at several Pfizer sites (Italy: Aprilia, Ascoli, Catania; U.S.: Groton, CT and La Jolla, CA; Puerto Rico: Guayama and Vega Baja).
- Sustainable energy accreditation for our Toluca, Spain (LEED Gold) and our Dubai, UAE (SEED) administrative office buildings.
Read more about Pfizer's Energy Efficiency initiatives.