- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Understanding the role of energy efficiency in helping reduce the impacts of climate change, Pfizer strives to be an industry leader in energy management. As such, we are committed to procuring and using energy in an efficient, cost-effective and environmentally responsible way.
In particular, we aim to:
- Improve energy efficiencies across each business by setting an internal target of 5 percent.
- Use renewable energy technology where it makes business and environmental sense.
- Focus on further reducing our emissions "greening our fleet".
Notable actions we're undertaking to meet our energy goals include:
- Promoting leadership in energy management and environmental stewardship by appointing energy champions;
- Assessing renewable energy projects and implementing them where they are viable;
- Increasing colleague awareness and engagement by instilling a culture of innovation, ownership and conservation; and
- Undertaking energy assessments across our global supply network.
These actions have improved operational efficiency, reduced our energy expenditures, enhanced colleague skills, and decreased cost of goods, contributing to Pfizer's reputation as a responsible corporate citizen.
Recent performance achievements include:
- Completion of more than 520 energy conservation projects in 2011, contributing to reduction targets across the business and significant cost savings.
- Achievement of $85MM in cost savings from 2008-2012.
- Installation of a 45-story high wind turbine at our Puurs, Belgium facility.
- Construction of solar panel installations across Pfizer sites located in Italy (Aprilia, Ascoli, Catania).
Read more about Pfizer's Energy Efficiency initiatives.
If you do not have Adobe® Reader, download it here. It is available without charge from Adobe®. This link is provided as a convenience. Pfizer is not responsible for the content of this linked page.