- South Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
Our Journey . . . Our Horizons
The path toward environmentally sound business practices begins with a better understanding of our extended environmental footprint and how it's changing. The journey begins with these steps:
- Embedding current environmental programs that work into a strategic operating framework
- Seizing opportunities to preserve natural resources
- Maintaining the quality of our physical surroundings
Embracing a greener tomorrow . . .
- Integrate environmental sustainability into our business, better enabling Pfizer to realize its purpose of "working together for a healthier world."®
- Drive strategic environmental actions that deliver measurable social and business value.
A variety of existing and future initiatives and activities will support environmental sustainability and provide direction to strengthen business cases for focused action. Organizing environmental sustainability efforts around these priorities provides a platform to:
- Rank short- and long-term environmental priorities
- Engage with external stakeholders
- Align environmental activities with overall Corporate Responsibility strategy
An Environmental Sustainability Steering Council comprised of senior leaders well-linked to our businesses provides a framework to govern the Environmental Sustainability Program. Additionally, the Steering Council:
- Ensures alignment with Pfizer's overall Corporate Responsibility strategy
- Guides teams as they work on strategic priorities
- Shapes engagement with executive and business leadership, including the Corporate Governance Committee, as appropriate
- Learn about the EHS Governance Framework
- Learn about our efforts to reduce greenhouse gases and address climate change
- Learn about our Product Stewardship Program
- Learn more about our water use and conservation
- Learn more about Pfizer's Journey to Environmental Sustainability on YouTube.
- Watch a video about Pfizer's commitment to renewable energy projects.
- Watch a video about Pfizer's commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
As part of our commitment to the global community, Pfizer has signed several charters designed to support international EHS and sustainability principles. Visit the sites below to learn more.
See how Pfizer colleagues in Puurs, Belgium realized big efficiencies from small and easy-to-implement ideas.
- 2012: Pfizer was named to the Carbon Performance Leadership Index for both the Global 500 and the S&P 500, one of only three health care companies to be recognized globally – a first for Pfizer!
- 2012: Pfizer ranked 91st in the Global 500 (compared to 106th in 2011) and 37th in the U.S. 500 (compared to 39th in 2011) by Newsweek.
- Pfizer ranked #1 for the pharmaceutical sector on cycle 3 of Maplecroft's Climate Innovation Index US 100 (Bloomberg ticker: CI100) which represents the 100 largest US companies by free-float market capitalization. Learn more.