You are here
Pfizer has always been an organization committed to applying innovative science to improve world health. We ask Pfizer colleagues to bring their best to work every day so that they can make a difference for all who rely on us.
For our colleagues to be their best, we must also be committed to their health and wellness. As such, an integral part of our business is colleague wellness and prevention. Our corporate wellness program, Healthy Pfizer, provides tools and resources for colleagues to stay healthy or make measurable health improvements. The program continuously yields healthy results for colleagues, family members, Pfizer and its shareholders.
In particular, we aim to:
- Live the principles we promote as a company, and to set a new standard of employer-sponsored health improvement in today's work environment.
- Improve the health of our employees and their families – reducing health risks, identifying chronic conditions in early stages when treatment is more effective, and encouraging healthy behaviors (such as physical activity and good nutrition).
- Make wellness and prevention a part of our overall culture at Pfizer – a "culture of health" – that is adopted company-wide as a core value for our organization and affects our ability to attract and retain the employees who are so important to our success.
- Support our business – directly, by reducing health care costs, and indirectly, by decreasing presenteeism (coming to work when sick) and improving productivity.
Notable actions we're taking to meet our Occupational Health goals include:
- Creating a work environment that supports colleague health, including healthy cafeteria offerings and on-site physical therapy and fitness centers. Fifteen of our sites feature an acute-care clinic staffed by an advanced medical practitioner.
- Maintaining the Healthy Pfizer web portal, powered by WebMD, the primary, day-to-day online resource for all health and wellness tools. Programming such as health risk assessments, lifestyle modification coaching programs online or over the phone, onsite screenings and education opportunities along with incentive and rewards for engagement.
- Providing colleagues with a Tobacco Free Workplace Policy that includes smoke-free campuses, and support programs for smoking cessation.
- Providing colleagues with work-life resources such as our "Working in Harmony with Life" and Healthy Pfizer's "Stress Lifestyle Improvement" and "Life Management Resources" programs.
- Supporting programs with valuable HR benefits that include a 100% reimbursement for preventative care – smoking cessation aids, health screenings, vaccines and immunizations.
Recent performance achievements include:
- Over 80% of Pfizer colleagues participate in the Healthy Pfizer program.
- As of July 1, 2009 Pfizer sites made a fresh start by officially adopting a tobacco-free workplace policy at all U.S. sites.
- Pfizer is a two-time winner (1990, 2010) of the C. Everett Koop National Health Award.
- Pfizer has been awarded Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health for 2008-2010.