TS is a genomics partner line with expertise in Human Genetics, Functional Genomics, Computational Biology, and Diagnostics. Target Sciences (TS) is focused on Pfizer R&D in diagnostics development as well as target discovery and validation of first in class targets with compelling human-based confidence in rationale.
We are interested in establishing alliances to develop and access:
- Highly characterized patient cohorts for genetic studies in diseases of interest to Pfizer
- Extreme phenotypes
- Disease progression
- Patient sub-types, specific areas of interest, in addition to Pfizer’s core disease areas, include fibrosis, rare kidney diseases, and senescence.
- Population-based Biobanks and high-quality, longitudinal genotype - phenotype data sets, including clinical and molecular data, access to biospecimens, and the potential for patient recall.
- Computational Biology approaches to understand disease drivers through the integration of human omics data (e.g. genetics, RNA-seq, proteomics, epigenomics, clinical measures)
- Novel in silico or in vitro approaches to translate disease associated genetic loci into causal genes and therapeutic hypotheses
- Functional Genomics technologies to accelerate target discovery in disease-relevant biological systems
- Breakthrough diagnostic technologies, including liquid biopsy testing and NGS panels in oncology, and near-patient rapid diagnostics testing in infectious diseases.