At Pfizer, we are changing lives. We discover, develop, and deliver breakthrough medicines and vaccines to the world. Our colleagues are purpose-driven and united by a passion to transform patients’ lives.
Our scientists, clinicians, and R&D professionals are among the best in the industry, with the resources and scale to solve some of the world’s most complex health challenges. So, it’s no wonder that they choose to pursue their life’s passion at Pfizer and deliver on our promise to society.
The goal of the Pﬁzer Breakthrough R&D Rotational Program is to grow Pfizer’s pipeline of R&D talent and support our commitment to equity among rising leaders of the African American/Black and Latino/Hispanic communities.
We are committed to creating equal opportunity in promising science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) for college graduates, with a focus on underrepresented minorities, Black and Latinx, to shape the future of science and health care. This in-depth training and skills development program offers graduates the opportunity to gain experience and insight into drug discovery and development from leading scientists, clinicians, statisticians, epidemiologists, and professionals, and to bridge from student to industry professional, or into an advanced-degree program.
The Pfizer Breakthrough R&D Rotational Program is a 2-year program. Participants will be immersed into the pharmaceutical business through three to four unique 6- to 8-month job rotations in diverse R&D disciplines. Each rotation will involve meaningful assignments and projects, mentorship and coaching, and collaborative interactions to develop business acumen and technical expertise and set participants on the path to a pharmaceutical career.
Recent or near graduates who identify as historically underrepresented in STEM, with a particular focus on Black and Latinx students, are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Strong focus on all aspects of drug discovery and development, including early research, mid- to late-stage clinical development and operations, regulatory planning, and business support
• Challenging projects and assignments
• Development of leadership, teamwork, and networking skills
• Rotations aligned to an individual’s interests and career aspirations
TYPES OF EXPERIENCES:
Laboratory and nonlaboratory experiences are dependent on background and interest. Numerous opportunities are available for each 6- to 8-month rotation. Examples include:
• Assay development and analysis to discover new targets and pathways in disease areas
• Gene therapy and DNA and RNA vaccine development
• Single-cell and spatial transcriptomics for characterizing gene expression in human and animal disease tissue
• Mid- to late-stage clinical trial design and execution
• Artificial intelligence and digital medicine
• Project planning, regulatory operations, global product labelling management,
and US advertising and promotions
• Partnership with project teams working on early drug discovery to late-stage clinical trial work
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology), Computer Science, or Data Science preferred
• Strong academic performance (minimum 3.3 GPA)
• No more than 2 years full-time continuous work experience after graduation
NONTECHNICAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Willingness to contribute fresh and innovative ideas
• Technological aptitude; demonstrated experience to quickly learn new skills and adapt to changes
• Seizes accountability and is a self-starter
• Team oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to make a 2-year commitment to the program
• Must be authorized to work in the US without the employer’s sponsorship. This job or any derived full-time opportunity is not eligible for permanent residence (green card) sponsorship under our guidelines
• Pfizer is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
• Includes a full Pfizer benefits package and competitive compensation
For more information contact us at: BreakthroughRnDRotationa[email protected]