Pfizer Joins the COVID-19 Action Agenda to End Discrimination Against Asian Colleagues and Increase Health Equity for Vulnerable Communities
Pfizer joined with over 90 companies from cross-sectors to support the COVID-19 Action Agenda and affirm the consortium’s 5-Point Action Agenda:
- Promote Inclusion: Advocate for a diverse and inclusive workplace and society
- Raise Awareness: Highlight the unique impacts of COVID-19 on vulnerable groups
- Denounce Bias: Encourage individuals to report virus-linked discriminatory acts against Pan-Asians and other targeted groups and communities in the workplace and in public
- Support Communities: Contribute time, knowledge and / or other resources to aid frontline workers, COVID-19 victims and families
- Give Donations: Provide funds and / or other resources to support vulnerable populations of people and impacted businesses
Ascend launched the consortium with ALPFA, Catalyst, The Conference Board, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT), National Association of Black Accountants (NABA), National Congress of American Indians (NCAI), National Organization on Disability (NOD), Out & Equal, Tanenbaum and 90+ Supporting Companies to address the adverse impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The ten organizations advocate for members of underserved communities that are particularly vulnerable to public health crises and economic downturns. Together, we pledge to combat stigma, biases associating Pan-Asians with the novel coronavirus, and all forms of discrimination based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation and veteran status.
Read the full statement here.