The purpose of Pfizer’s Global Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Audit program is to provide an objective assessment of the adequacy of the management of EHS risk at a site level.
Pfizer’s EHS audits add value by:
- Focusing on compliance with Pfizer EHS standards and regulatory requirements.
- Providing a comprehensive assessment of the adequacy of site risk management, including EHS and business continuity risks.
- Outlining a summary of site EHS performance to senior site and business line management, including identification of site management strengths and areas for improvement.
- Engaging site-level EHS professionals to audit at other facilities, maximizing technical knowledge across the network.
- Identifying “best practices and model programs” that other sites can replicate.
- Proposing solutions to close gaps identified during the audit process.