HOW WE SELECT HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS
We work with true experts: If your health care provider works with Pfizer, it is because he or she has been identified as an experienced and knowledgeable professional who can provide us with valuable insight and help us to do an ever better job bringing medicines to patients.
We consider a number of factors: Some of the things we consider when choosing health care providers include:
- Knowledge and experience
- Education and credentials
- Medical specialty
- Commitment to patient care
Our standards are high: Each health care professional selected to work with Pfizer must meet high standards of professional excellence and ethical behavior.
- Speakers: Speakers selected to lead expert forums must be knowledgeable in the relevant medical or scientific area and have a proven ability to effectively communicate such information.
- Researchers: Pfizer identifies researchers with a proven track record of well-developed, useful, and often groundbreaking research.
- Academic research centers: Pfizer often works with researchers affiliated with academic research centers. Responsible partnerships between the biopharmaceutical industry and academic research centers are critical to advancing patient care. Academia investigates basic mechanisms of health and disease. Industry builds on these promising early scientific discoveries by developing potential new medicines and testing them to determine whether they are safe and effective for human use.
- Professional advisers and consultants: Pfizer works with health care professionals to gain their advice and input regarding the best uses and designs for our medicines and on how to improve and market our products for use in real-world settings.
Each health care professional selected to work with Pfizer must be in good standing with the Department of Health & Human Services Office of Inspector General, the Food & Drug Administration and the U.S. General Services Administration.