You are here
In–Office Information Sessions
- What in-office information sessions are
- How patients benefit
- How health care professionals benefit
- How Pfizer benefits
- Governing policies
An in-office session takes place when a member of Pfizer's field medical or sales force conducts discussions with health care professionals in the medical office or hospital setting.
What they are designed to do: These sessions enable:
- Sales representatives to present promotional or medical information about our medicines
- Medical information specialists to share relevant information such as new study results and safety updates
- Exchange questions and answers about our medicines and their uses
- An important forum for feedback from health care professionals about their experiences using our medicines.
Characteristics of the information shared: Pfizer is committed to ensuring the information shared by our representatives:
- Is in line with Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved labeling
- Fairly balances the benefit and risk information relating to any Pfizer product discussed
Patients are more likely to have better-informed health care providers: Physicians who have up-to-date information on available medicines may make more informed treatment decisions.
Health care professionals have an efficient opportunity to learn the latest information: Doctors must balance time spent keeping up with new information about diseases and medicines with seeing and providing care to patients.
Conducting product information exchanges in the health care professional's office enables him or her to learn more about our medicines without taking valuable time away from patient care.
We have an opportunity to share information about our products and clinical research: Informing health care providers about our medicines and directing them to the results of new studies is a key part of how Pfizer tells health care providers about the latest scientific findings on the use of our products.
We learn more about how our medicines are being used and what questions people have: These in-office meetings also enable Pfizer to hear about health care professionals' firsthand experiences with our medicines and can help lead to improvements in their design and use.
Policies governing sales and marketing: Our field representatives follow our ethical sales and marketing policies when conducting in-office information visits.
Policies governing the cost of meals: Any meals offered in connection with promotional presentations must be modest and provided in a manner conducive to informational exchanges.