- Healthy women aged 18 to 49 years who are willing to rely upon a combination birth
control pill as their only method of contraception.
- Women must be sexually active and at risk for becoming pregnant.
- Women must have had regular (21- to 35- day) menstrual cycles for the 3-month period
preceding study visit 1.
- High blood pressure
- Age greater then 34 and smoking more than 15 cigarettes per day.
- Depression requiring hospitalization or associated with suicidal ideation within the
last 3 years.