- Men or women of nonchildbearing potential (WONCBP) aged 18 to 50 years or greater than 65 years, inclusive, at screening. WONCBP may be included if they are either surgically sterile (hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy) or postmenopausal for greater than 1 year (with follicle-stimulating hormone [FSH] level greater than 38 mIU/mL) and must have a negative pregnancy test result within 48 hours before test article administration. Women who are surgically sterile must provide documentation of the procedure by an operative report or by ultrasound scan. Sexually active men must agree to use a medically acceptable form of contraception during the study and continue it for 12 weeks after test article administration.
- Body mass index (BMI) in the range of 18.0 to 30.0 kg/m2 and body weight greater than 50 kg.
3) The elderly subjects must be generally healthy, but may be enrolled with a stable, chronic illness, if it is well controlled and does not interfere with the primary objective of the study. Subjects may be included with clinically important deviations from normal limits in medical history, physical examination findings, vital sign measurements, 12-lead ECGs, or clinical laboratory test results that are associated with stable, chronic, and well-controlled medical conditions.
- Any history or presence of chronic respiratory disorder or disease including but not limited to asthma, sleep apnea, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Any significant cardiovascular, hepatic, renal, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, immunologic, dermatologic, hematologic, neurologic, or psychiatric disease.
- Presence or history of thyroid disease, symptomatic vertigo, significant cardiac valvular disease, congestive heart failure, angina pectoris, significant cardiac arrhythmia, or seizures.