- Subjects with a physician documented history or diagnosis of persistent asthma for at
least 6 months prior to Screening Visit 1.
- Trough FEV1 must be 50-100% of predicted at Screening Visit 1.
- Subjects who have been maintained on a stable dose of ICS over the previous month
prior to screening.
- Subjects who have had a severe asthma exacerbation in the 2 months prior to
- Subjects meeting any of the criteria of 'very poorly controlled' according to the NIH
EPR 3 guidelines.
- Subjects with evidence or history of cardiovascular disease including angina,
myocardial, infarction, clinically significant cardiac arrhythmia (eg, atrial
fibrillation, atrial flutter,supraventricular tachycardia, ventricular tachycardia),
systemic hypertension (SBP > 160 mmHg or DBP >100mmHg), pulmonary hypertension or
cerebrovascular disease (including transient ischaemic attacks).