- A positive histological diagnosis of UC ≥3 months prior to entry into the study. If a
histological diagnosis is not available but all signs and symptoms suggest UC, the
subject's eligibility should be discussed with Pfizer.
- Active UC as defined by a score of ≥6 on the Mayo score.
- An endoscopic (by flexible sigmoidoscopy) sub-score of ≥2 on the Mayo score determined
within 7 days of first dosing.
- Subjects with UC, which is confined to a proctitis on a flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Subjects who have had surgery as a treatment for UC or are likely to require surgery
within the duration of the study.
- Subjects displaying clinical signs of ischemic colitis.