- Subjects must have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, with HbA1c level >=7.0% and
- Men or women of nonchildbearing potential (WONCBP), aged 18 to 65 years inclusive on
study day 1.
- Body mass index in the range of 27 to 40kg/m² (inclusive) and body weight >=50 kg.
- Subjects must be otherwise generally healthy, but may be enrolled with a stable
chronic illness, if it is well controlled and does not interfere with the primary
objective of the study.
- Subjects must currently be treated for diabetes with metformin alone at a total daily
dose of >=1gm (administered QD or BID) and that dose must have been stable for at
least 4 weeks before study day 1.
- Any significant disease with the exception of diabetes mellitus.
- Any surgical or medical condition that may interfere with the absorption,
distribution, metabolism, or excretion of the investigational product.
- Acute disease state (eg, nausea, vomiting, fever, or diarrhea) within 7 days before
study day 1.
- Any clinically important problems in physical examination results, vitals sign
measurements, ECGs, or clinical laboratory test results.
- Positive serologic findings for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibodies,
hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), and/or hepatitis C virus (HCV) antibodies.
- Positive findings of urine drug screen
- Use of any investigational or non-permitted prescription drug within 30 days before
investigational product administration.