- Male or female patient, aged 12 to 17 years.
- Requires outpatient treatment for acute pharyngitis/tonsillitis infection.
- Appropriate to treat with oral azithromycin as an alternative to intramuscular
penicillin, in the opinion of the investigator.
- Positive rapid antigen detection test.
- History of clinically significant eye disorder that would interfere with protocol test
- Hypersensitivity to azithromycin, erythromycin, any macrolide, or ketolide antibiotic.
- Increased risk of QT prolongation.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.