- Oral hypoglycemics.
- Coumarin-type anticoagulants.
Patients must have:
- ARC or AIDS.
- Signs of oropharyngeal candidiasis (i.e., typical white plaques) with some associated
- Confirmation of diagnosis by microscopic exam and culture of organism.
- Life expectancy of at least 4 weeks.
- Patients with signs or symptoms of esophagitis (e.g., odynophagia) are not eligible
unless esophagoscopy is performed and results are negative.
Patients with the following conditions are excluded:
- Unable to tolerate oral medication.
- Concurrent enrollment on another experimental trial of approved or non-approved drugs
or systemic compounds (without approval of Pfizer clinical monitor).
- Antifungal agents other than study drugs.
- Other experimental medications.
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
Known history of intolerance or allergy to imidazoles or triazoles or the polyene
components of nystatin.
- Other antifungal agents within the past 3 days.