- Antiretroviral agents, provided regimen has been stable for at least 1 month.
Patients must have:
- HIV infection.
- CD4 count
- No active opportunistic infection (pending discussion with Pfizer Clinician).
- Prior antiretroviral agents.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Active intercurrent illness (pending discussion with the Pfizer Clinician).
- Allergies to macrolide antibiotics.
- Signs and symptoms of severe illness that would preclude treatment.
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
- History of clinically significant allergic, hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, or neurological
- Clinically important change in baseline status within 4 weeks prior to study entry.
- Condition affecting drug absorption (e.g., ulcers, gastrectomy, HIV-associated
enteropathies) within 4 weeks prior to study entry.
- Investigational drugs including treatment IND drugs within 4 weeks prior to study
Known drug or alcohol dependence.