Patients must have:
- Documented HIV infection.
- CD4 count
- No active coccidioidomycosis or other fungal disease requiring systemic antifungal
- Residence in area considered to be endemic for Coccidioides immitis.
- Consent of parent or guardian if under legal age of consent.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Unable to take oral medication.
- Positive serum cryptococcal antigen.
- Systemic antifungal therapy.
Patients with the following prior conditions are excluded:
History of hypersensitivity to azole or imidazole compounds.
- Systemic antifungal agents within 2 weeks prior to study entry.