Patients must have:
- HIV seropositivity.
- CD4 count
- NO active AIDS opportunistic infection.
Patients with the following symptoms or conditions are excluded:
- Other active intercurrent illness.
- Any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (e.g., ulcers, gastrectomy,
- Signs or symptoms of severe illness that would preclude study participation.
- Known allergies to macrolide antibiotics.
Patients with the following prior condition are excluded:
Clinically important change in baseline status within 4 weeks prior to study entry.
- Investigational drugs including treatment IND drugs within 4 weeks prior to study
Known drug or alcohol dependence.