- Patient must be 18 years or older.
- Patient must be hospitalized and require intravenous therapy for treatment of
- Patient must have pneumonia as documented by relevant signs and symptoms and a
positive chest X-ray.
- Patients cannot have certain underlying diseases or conditions as defined in the study
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers, or women of childbearing potential not practicing
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity or intolerance to any quinolone, penicillin,
cephalosporin, or macrolide antibiotic.
- Treatment with any systemic antibiotic for 24 hours or longer within 72 hours prior to
the baseline visit.
- Subjects with clinically significant renal dysfunction.
- Subjects with clinically significant hepatic dysfunction.
- Subjects with clinically significant cardiovascular disorders.