- Eligible patients must be at least 18 years of age with a diagnosis of multiple
myeloma including elevated M-blood/urine protein or a tumor that can be evaluated by
the doctor during the investigational drug's treatment.
- The patient's multiple myeloma must have gotten worse during/after previous
chemotherapy was given.
- Any side-effects from prior chemotherapy must have subsided
- Blood and urine tests must show adequate bone marrow, liver, and kidney function.
Any of the following will exclude patients from study participation:
- indolent or smoldering myeloma or localized plasmacytoma
- hyperviscosity syndrome
- irradiation to 25% or more of bone marrow
- prior high dose chemotherapy with bone marrow or stem cell support
- current participation in other clinical trials
- pregnant or breast-feeding women
- known HIV-positive or AIDS-related illness
- patients planning to have radiation therapy or surgery that would interrupt study
therapy in the next 6 months.
further examination by the investigator is necessary.