ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Diagnosis of colorectal cancer (either newly diagnosed or recurrent disease) with evidence of metastatic disease and present or past histological documentation of adenocarcinoma of the colon or rectum.
- Tumor must be measureable.
- Resolution of all acute toxic effects of any prior radiotherapy or surgical procedure.
- ECOG performance status 0 or 1. Age >= 18 years.
- Required baseline laboratory.
- Negative pregnancy test.
- Willingness and ability to comply with the treatment plan.
- Current enrollment in another clinical trial.
- Prior adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer <= 6 months prior to randomization.
- Prior systemic anticancer therapy or intra-arterial cytotoxic chemotherapy given as
treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Known allergy to CPT-11, 5-FU, LV, celecoxib, other COX-2 inhibitors, non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), salicylates, or sulfonamides.
- Chronic concomitant use of full-dose aspirin, other NSAIDs or other COX-2 inhibitors
for a chronic nonmalignant condition.
- A requirement for chronic concomitant use of low-dose (cardioprotective) aspirin.
- Chronic oral steroid use for treatment of a non-malignant condition.
- Known ulceration of the gastric or duodenal mucosa <= 30 days prior to randomization.
- Need for concomitant fluconazole or lithium.
- Any known significant bleeding disorder.
- Active inflammatory bowel disease or chronic diarrhea.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Mobile, Alabama
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Chicago, Illinois
- St. Joseph, Missouri
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Buffalo, New York
- Williamsville, New York
- Altoona, Pennsylvania
- Puyallup, Washington
- Yakima, Washington
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin