- Eligible patients must be at least 18 years of age with a diagnosis of metastatic
- The patient's kidney cancer must have gotten worse during/after previous
cytokine-based therapy was given.
- Any side effects from prior therapy must have subsided, and blood and urine tests must
show adequate bone marrow, liver, and kidney function
- Prior treatment with any systemic therapy other than 1 prior cytokine-based treatment
- Prior surgical resection of or irradiation to the only site of measurable disease;
- Ongoing severe hematuria;
- Other active second malignancy;
- Cardiovascular diseases or conditions within the last 12 months;
- Known brain metastases;
- Known HIV-positive or AIDS-related illness;
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women;
- Current participation in other clinical trials;
- Other severe acute or chronic medical conditions.