|Study Evaluating Interferon And CCI-779 In Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma|
|A Phase 3, Three-Arm, Randomized, Open-Label Study Of Interferon Alfa Alone, CCI-779 Alone, And The Combination Of Interferon Alfa And CCI-779 In First-Line Poor-Prognosis Subjects With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma.|
|The primary objective of this study is efficacy. The primary efficacy endpoint of this study is a comparison of the overall survival of subjects treated with CCI-779 [Temsirolimus], administered intravenously [IV] once weekly and the combination of CCI-779, administered IV once weekly with Interferon Alfa [IFN alfa] subcutaneously [SC] three times per week [TIW], compared with the overall survival of subjects treated with IFN alfa (SC TIW) alone, in poor-prognosis subjects with advanced RCC.|
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Carcinoma, Renal Cell
- Kidney Neoplasms
- Drug: Interferon Alfa
Interferon alfa (Roferon) 3 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week for the first week, 9 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week for the second week, 18 MU given Sub Cutaneously three time /week thereafter.
- Drug: CCI-779
25 mg of CCI-779 given Intra Venously once per week
- Drug: Interferon Alfa and CCI-779
15 mg of CCI-779 given Intra Venously once per week; 6 MU of IFN alfa (Roferon) given Sub Cutaneously three time /week
- Active Comparator: A
Intervention: Drug: Interferon Alfa
- Experimental: B
Intervention: Drug: CCI-779
- Experimental: C
Intervention: Drug: Interferon Alfa and CCI-779
- de Velasco G, McKay RR, Lin X, Moreira RB, Simantov R, Choueiri TK. Comprehensive Analysis of Survival Outcomes in Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Patients Treated in Clinical Trials. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017 Dec;15(6):652-660.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.clgc.2017.03.004. Epub 2017 Mar 21.
- Grünwald V, Lin X, Kalanovic D, Simantov R. Early Tumour Shrinkage: A Tool for the Detection of Early Clinical Activity in Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2016 Dec;70(6):1006-1015. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2016.05.010. Epub 2016 May 26.
- Grünwald V, McKay RR, Krajewski KM, Kalanovic D, Lin X, Perkins JJ, Simantov R, Choueiri TK. Depth of remission is a prognostic factor for survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2015 May;67(5):952-8. doi: 10.1016/j.eururo.2014.12.036. Epub 2015 Jan 7.
- Hudes G, Carducci M, Tomczak P, Dutcher J, Figlin R, Kapoor A, Staroslawska E, Sosman J, McDermott D, Bodrogi I, Kovacevic Z, Lesovoy V, Schmidt-Wolf IG, Barbarash O, Gokmen E, O'Toole T, Lustgarten S, Moore L, Motzer RJ; Global ARCC Trial. Temsirolimus, interferon alfa, or both for advanced renal-cell carcinoma. N Engl J Med. 2007 May 31;356(22):2271-81.
|June 2006 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- This study will be conducted in subjects with histologically confirmed, advanced (stage IV or recurrent disease) RCC who have not received prior systemic therapy for their disease,
- Subjects with central nervous system (CNS) metastases
- Prior anticancer therapy for RCC
- Prior investigational therapy/agents within 4 weeks of randomization
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|18 Years and older (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Contact information is only displayed when the study is recruiting subjects|
|Argentina, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Former Serbia and Montenegro, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States|
|Study Director:||Pfizer CT.gov Call Center||Pfizer|