- Histologically proven epithelial ovarian cancer, primary peritoneal serous cancer, or
fallopian tube cancerRecurrent or persistent elevated CA-125.
- For the purpose of this study, elevated CA-125 is defined as a value of â‰¥40 U/ml on
two separate consecutive determinations made â‰¥1 week apart.
- CA-125 values obtained within 4 weeks of abdominal surgery should not be taken into
- No definitive disease or clinical and findings of small volume disease (£1cm by
spiral CT or £2cm by conventional CT or clinical exam).
- No prior exposure to mouse antibodies or prior VEGF or VEGF receptor targeted
treatment or other anti-angiogenic-directed, anti-cancer treatment including
- No prior consolidation therapy with cytotoxic agents for ovarian cancer.
- Continuation of hormone replacement therapy is permitted.
- No requirement for concomitant anticoagulant therapy.
- Administration of low dose anticoagulants for maintenance of central venous access is
permitted.No chronic oral or intravenous steroid use.