- Male or female subjects over 18 years of age. Bulgaria Only: Male or female subjects
over 18 years of age and under 70 years of age.
- Subjects known or suspected to have acute hospital-acquired pneumonia.
- Presence of any of the following pulmonary conditions: cystic fibrosis; pulmonary
malignancy (either primary or metastatic); known bronchial-obstructive or post
obstructive pneumonia; pulmonary abscess; empyema; known or suspected active
tuberculosis; bronchiectasis; sarcoidosis; known or suspected pulmonary infection
caused by Pneumocystis carinii, mycobacteria, fungi, parasites, or viruses (Subjects
with COPD are not excluded)
- Suspected or known Legionella infection
- Concurrent hemodialysis, hemofiltration, peritoneal dialysis, or plasmapheresis