- Hospitalized male and female subjects with clinically documented nosocomial pneumonia
proven to be due to methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus.
- Chest X-ray at baseline/screen or within 48 hours of treatment consistent with the
diagnosis of pneumonia.
- Suitable sputum specimen defined as having less than 10 squamous epithelial cells and
greater or equal 25 leukocytes or have a culture taken by an invasive technique within
24 hours of study entry.
- Subjects who were treated with a previous antibiotic with MRSA activity (other than
linezolid or vancomycin) for more than 48 hours, unless documented to be a treatment
failure (72 hours of treatment and not responding).
- Subjects with severe neutropenia (
- Subjects with hypersensitivity to oxazolidinones or vancomycin.