- Men and women 18 to 75 years of age, inclusive.
- Sexually active individuals participating in the study must use a medically acceptable
form of contraception during the study and for at least 15 days after the last dose of
- Subjects must have a primary diagnosis of major depressive disorder
- Treatment with DVS-233 SR at any time in the past
- Treatment with venlafaxine (immediate release [IR] or extended release [ER]) within 90
days of study day 1
- Known hypersensitivity to venlafaxine (IR or ER)