ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Patients will have a DSM-IV diagnosis of TTM.
- TTM symptoms for at least 4 months.
- Scalp as primary site of hair pulling.
- HPS score greater than or equal to 15 OR TTM Impact Scale score greater than 30.
- Written informed consent.
- Men or women aged 18-65 years old.
- Females of childbearing potential must have a negative serum beta-HCG pregnancy test.
- Pregnant women or women of childbearing potential who are not using a medically
accepted means of contraception.
- Patients who, in the investigator's judgement, pose a serious suicidal or homicidal
- Serious or unstable medical illness including cardiovascular, hepatic, renal,
respiratory, endocrine, neurologic, or hematologic disease. Patients on anticoagulant
- History of seizure disorder.
- Comorbid bipolar disorder, psychosis, organic mental disorder, or developmental
- If there is a history of substance abuse, patients must be in remission at least 6
- Past trials of sertraline.
- Currently being treated with behavioral therapy, specifically habit reversal training,
- Other medications for medical disorders that may interact with sertraline.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Charlestown, Massachusetts