ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Written informed consent.
- Histological diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Node positive operable breast cancer (stages II-III).
- Breast cancer surgery, consisting of radical mastectomy or conservative surgery, plus lymphadenectomy with at least 6 extirpated nodes. Surgery must have happened in the 8 weeks prior to randomisation.
- Age >=18 and <= 70 years old.
- Negative pregnancy test. Adequate contraceptive method during the study participation.
- Performance status of 90-100 (Karnofsky index) or ECOG <=1.
- Haemoglobin >= 10 g/dl; neutrophils > 1,500/cc; platelets > 100,000/cc.
- Adequate hepatic function with bilirubin, SGOT and SGPT < 1.5 x upper normal limit (UNL).
- Adequate cardiac function documented by left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF).
- Adequate renal function with creatinine < 1.5 mg/dl.
- Previous chemotherapy, hormone therapy and/or radiotherapy for breast cancer.
- Bilateral breast cancer. Lobular in situ carcinoma.
- Previous or current malignancies, except for basal skin carcinoma, cervical in situ
carcinoma or superficial bladder carcinoma, adequately treated.
- History of arrhythmias and/or congestive heart failure or cardiac blocking grade 2-3;
history of myocardial infarction in 6 months before recruitment.
- Inability for treatment and study compliance.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- Active infection.
- History of hypersensitivity to cremophor or cyclosporine.
- Pre-existing grade 2 motor or sensorial neurotoxicity (National Cancer Institute
Common Toxicity Criteria [NCI CTC]).
- Hormonal receptor status not determined.
- Any other criteria which, in investigator's opinion, may jeopardize patient's security
- Administration of other investigational product in the 30 days prior to randomisation;
current participation in another clinical trial.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Washington, District of Columbia
- Baltimore, Maryland