- angiographic evidence of coronary atherosclerosis
- Women who are pregnant or lactating, or planning to become pregnant.
- Subjects with a clinically indicated need for statin (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor)
therapy other than atorvastatin or other concomitant therapy with known lipid
altering effects on LDL-C and HDL-C including fibrates and nicotinic acid.
- Subjects taking any drugs known to be associated with an increased risk of myositis
in combination with HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Subjects with any other medical condition or laboratory abnormality which could
affect subject safety, preclude evaluation of response, or render unlikely that the
subject would complete the study.