ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Sensory symptoms over median nerve distribution for more than three months.
- Confirmatory electrophysiologic results defined as prolonged median nerve distal motor latencies (DML) > 4 ms or median-ulnar palmer sensory latency differences > 0.5 ms.
- Patients with evidence of severe CTS: fibrillation potentials or reinnervation on
needle examination of the abductor pollicis brevis muscle or clinical examination
showing wastage of the thenar muscles. (These patients were referred for surgical
decompression on presentation.)
- Clinical or electrophysiological evidence of accompanying conditions that could mimic
CTS or interfere with its evaluation, such as proximal median neuropathy, cervical
radiculopathy, or significant polyneuropathy.
- Known epilepsy.
- Patients who have received previous steroid injection or oral steroid therapy for CTS.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Shatin, New Territories,
- Sheung Shui, New Territories,