- Male or female, 18 years age or older, for whom oral, outpatient therapy is
- Diagnosis of CAP as manifested by at least 3 or more of the following:
- cough, pleuritic chest pain, fever (temperature of >37.8 C to findings on pulmonary examination of rales and/or evidence of pulmonary
consolidation, dyspnea, tachypnea, laboratory results of elevated total peripheral
white blood count (WBC> 10,000/mm3 or greater than 15% immature neutrophils (bands)
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity or intolerance to azithromycin or other
- Previously diagnosed disease(s) of immune function, including: subjects with baseline
absolute neutrophil count cells/mm3, any immunoglobin or neutrophil disorder.