ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Male or female patients, of 18 to 55 years of age, with end-stage, C-peptide-negative, Type 1-diabetic nephropathy.
2. Female patients of childbearing age must have a negative pregnancy test and must agree to maintain effective birth control practice throughout the study period (3 years).
3. Patient must have signed the Patient Informed Consent Form.
4. Patient must receive a primary simultaneous pancreas/kidney (SPK) cadaveric transplant, with either intestinal or bladder and either portal or systemic venous drainages.
1. Patient is pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. Patient is allergic or intolerant to Mycophenolate Mofetil, Sirolimus, Tacrolimus or
other macrolides, or any compounds structurally related to these compounds.
3. Patient has a positive T-cell crossmatch on the most recent serum specimen.
4. Patient is known for active liver disease or has significant liver disease, defined by
ASAT and ALAT serum levels greater than 3 times the upper limit of normal.
5. Patient has malignancy or history of malignancy, with the exception of adequately
treated localised squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma, without recurrence.
6. Patient has been included in another clinical trial protocol for any investigational
drug within 4 weeks prior to randomisation.
7. Patient has any form of substance abuse, psychiatric disorder or condition, which, in
the opinion of the investigator, may invalidate communication.
8. Patient receives a SPK transplant from a living donor, or receives segmental
pancreatic transplant, or a previous kidney transplant alone.
9. Pancreatic duct occlusion technique .
10. Donor is older than 55 years of age.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Frankfurt am Main,
- Tel Aviv,