ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Healthy adults aged 18 to 59 years or > 60 years.
- Female subjects of childbearing potential who had a negative urine pregnancy test result prior to study vaccination. Females who were surgically sterile or post-menopausal did not require pregnancy testing.
- Adults who were determined by medical history, physical examination and clinical judgment eligible for this study. Subjects with stable pre-existing disease, defined as disease not requiring change in therapy or hospitalization within 12 weeks before receipt of study vaccination, will be eligible.
- Subjects who provided written informed consent after the nature of the study was explained.
- Subjects who were available for the duration of the study (from enrollment to study completion).
- Subjects who could be reached by study staff for the post-vaccination contact [via telephone, clinic or home visit].
- For subjects > 60 years of age only:
- Subjects who resided in a nursing home or long-term care facility or other institution
receiving skilled or semi-skilled nursing care. An ambulatory subject who resided in a
retirement home or village was eligible for participation.
- Subjects with evidence of dementia or other severe cognitive impairment based on Mini
Mental State Examination (MMSE) scores. Note: Prior to study vaccination, all subjects
>60 years of age must have completed a MMSE.
For all study subjects:
- Subjects who were perceived to be unavailable or difficult to contact for evaluation
of study visits during the study period.
- Subjects with a known or suspected disease of the immune system or those receiving
immunosuppressive therapy, including systemic corticosteroids; or cytotoxic agents.
- Subjects who resided in the same household as an immunosuppressed or immunocompromised
- Subjects with a documented history of hypersensitivity to egg or egg protein or any
other component of the study vaccine, placebo or TIV.
- Subjects who had a current wheezing episode that was considered a change from the
subject's usual clinical state.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New Port Richey, Florida
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Durban North, Dwazulu Natal
- Hazelwood, Pretoria
- Scottburgh South,
- Heidelburg, Victoria