- Subjects with confirmed diagnosis of HIV infection
- HIV-associated neuropathic pain (nerve pain) for at least 3 months prior to study
- subjects with moderate to severe pain
- subjects on stable HIV and pain medications (some medications are not allowed to be
taken while participating in the study).
- Pregnant or breast feeding females
- subjects using street drugs or alcohol abusers during the study
- subject's on anti-diabetic medications
- use of neuroregenerative agents or neurotoxic chemotherapeutic agents 3 months prior
to study start and throughout the study
- use of neurotoxic drugs (other than D-drugs) within a month prior to study start and
throughout the study.