- Histologically confirmed diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma
- Patients must present with disease not amenable to curative surgery (i.e. either
hepatectomy, or liver transplant).
- Evidence of measurable disease by radiographic technique
- Adequate organ function.
- Prior treatment with any systemic treatment for liver cancer
- Presence of clinically relevant ascites
- Severe hemorrhage
- Diagnosis of second malignancy within last 3 years
- History of or known brain metastases, spinal cord compression, or carcinomatous
- Known human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Serious acute or chronic illness
- Current treatment on another clinical trial
- Pregnant or breastfeeding