ABOUT THIS STUDY
To be eligible, patients must :
- Be male or female, age 18-65
- Be diagnosed with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder with psychotic features according to DSM-IV criteria
- Be currently receiving antipsychotic drugs (clozapine, haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, or risperidone) (APDs) alone, mood stabilizer(s) (MS) alone, or a combination of the two
- Have a history of compliance with the above medication
- Have presumptive IRS as indicated by a TG/HDL ratio > 3.5 on current antipsychotic medication
- Be Medicaid eligible or maintain insurance covering requested lab procedures
- Be able to provide written informed consent Exclusion criteria
A patient will be considered ineligible if he/she:
- Has a diagnosis other than schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder with psychotic features according to DSM-IV criteria.
- Has a history of noncompliance with prescribed psychiatric medications
- Has a TG/HDL ratio < 3.5 on current medication
- Is uninsured or is unable to self-pay potential costs of required lab procedures not covered by insurance.
- Is unable to provide written informed consent.
- (Females only) Is pregnant, lactating or plans to become pregnant during study participation
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Nashville, Tennessee