At least one of the following characteristics:
- History of dialysis for at least 3 years.
- History of diabetes for at least 5 years.
- Hypertension or ischemic nephropathy as a cause of the end stage renal disease or loss
of the first transplant.
- History of coronary artery disease, stroke, myocardial infarction, or amputation for
- History of malignancy within the last 5 years (except adequately treated skin cancer).
- Recipients of non-renal organ transplant.
- Active gastrointestinal disease that may interfere with drug absorption.
- Active HIV, hepatitis B or C infection.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.