ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Subjects must have a primary diagnosis of Bipolar I Disorder, most recent episode manic (296.4x), or mixed (296.6x) as defined in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Text Revision (DSM-IV TR) and determined by the Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview (MINI).
- At screening and at baseline (within 12 hours prior to the first dose of double-blind medication) subjects must have a Young Mania Rating Scale score of 18 or higher.
- Subjects must be actively receiving lithium or divalproex for their bipolar disorder in order to be considered for this study.
- Subjects with a Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders IV- Text
Revision (DSM-IV TR) diagnosis of schizophrenia (295.XX), schizoaffective disorder
(295.70), schizophreniform disorder (295.40), delusional disorder (297.1), or
psychotic disorder not otherwise specified (NOS) (298.9).
- Subjects with other DSM-IV-TR Axis I or Axis II disorders (in addition to Bipolar I
disorder) are ineligible if the comorbid condition is clinically unstable, requires
treatment, or has been a primary focus of treatment within the 6-month period prior to
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Stanford, California
- DuBois, Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dallas, Texas