ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Patients with a documented history of hypertension defined as: SBP > or = 140 mmHg or DBP > or = 90 mmHg if hypertension untreated or patients currently treated for hypertension.
- Documented CAD or diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance
- Sinus rhythm
- Previous intolerance or allergic reaction to an ACE inhibitor, an ARB or
dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker
- History of angioedema or cough related to previous ACE inhibitor use.
- Systolic blood pressure > 180 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure > 110 mmHg in untreated
- Systolic blood pressure > 160 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure > 100 mmHg in patients
currently treated by an ACE inhibitor or an ARB
- Creatinine clearance < 30 ml/min
- Significant liver dysfunction
- Current serum potassium > or = 5 mmol/L or a history of marked ACE inhibitor or ARB
induced hyperkalemia resulting in either a serum potassium > or = 5.5 mmol/L or a
life-threatening adverse event.
- History of HF or known LVEF < or = 45%
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis (or unilateral if only one kidney)
- Unstable angina, myocardial infarction or coronary revascularization within the last 3
- Connective tissue disease or chronic inflammatory condition
- Active malignancy
- Active infection in the last 2 weeks
- Inability or any contraindication to perform an exercise test.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Laval, Quebec
- E. Hanover, New Jersey
- London, Ontario