- Generally healthy, nonsmoking (or smoker of less than 10 cigarettes/day)
- Postmenopausal women aged 35 to 70 years
- At least 12 months of spontaneous amenorrhea, OR 6 months of spontaneous amenorrhea
with follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels at least 38 mIU/mL
- Women 55 years of older must have at least 12 months of amenorrhea
- Body mass index in the range of 18.0 to 35.0, with a minimum body weight of 50 kg
- A history or active presence of clinically important medical disease.
- History or alcoholism or drug abuse within 1 year before study start.
- Use of estrogen-, androgen-, or progestin-containing medication by a non-oral route of
administration within 6 months before study day 1 must be approved by Wyeth Research